Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Ode to the 7th Generation

The 7th generation
The hopes for our world and the promises of our past selves
In world polluted by corruption and fear, I pray that the 7th generation don't repeat our mistakes
The world is crumbling as there's barely anything left.
In the wakes of our wastes, I pray that the 7th generation uphold to the stakes.
Men, women, and all alike living in fear, that's not a way to go.
I pray that the 7th generation live a life of valor in the face of oppression
I pray that the 7th generation live a life of happiness instead of suppression.
Building connections, not walls.
Love, not hate.
Understanding, not willful ignorance.
Most of all, I pray that 7th generation will be able to detect bullshit from a mile away and not repeat our mistakes.
The hopes for our world and the promises of our past selves-the 7th generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment